Industry ServicesKnow the procedure to easily access our services. Remember that our works have a guarantee and are carried out by expert and certified personnel.
The service may be requested through one of the following types of contracting:
In this type of contract, the value of the gas rate is regulated by law. The service to be hired includes: supply, distribution, transportation and technical assistance.
The procedure that the company interested must carry out is the following:
1. Requesting to Gases del Caribe the installation of the natural gas service through a letter, phone call or in person.
2. In a time frame no longer then three (3) working days, Gases del Caribe will schedule with the company a visit to determine the technical features needed for the natural gas installation to provide the service according to the gas devices that need to be installed, and will proceed to carryout a project design and a service quote based upon the technical visit performed.
3. If the interested company accepts the installation project and the quote, it must go to one of our customer service locations, where the natural gas service contract will be processed, as well as providing the bill for the service installation that can be paid in any of our payment locations.
4. In a time frame of no less than 45 working days, Gases del Caribe will do the installation of natural gas the service with the qualified and certified personnel.
- In this type of contract the amount for of the gas rates is not regulated by law and it is agreed by the parties in the contract through bilateral contracts for the supply, transport, distribution and trade of natural gas placed at the door of the factory. The user is free to choose any of the four services The Company offers. The nonregulated users must have a minimum consumption of 100,000 cubic meters per month.
The procedure that the interested company must follow is as follows:
Request to Gases del Caribe the natural gas service installation through a letter, phone call or in person.
In a time frame no longer then three (3) working days, Gases del Caribe will schedule with the company a visit to determine the technical features needed for the natural gas installation to provide the service according to the gas devices that need to be installed, and will proceed to carryout a project design and a service quote based upon the technical visit performed.
Gases del Caribe will percent to the interested company, in a time frame no greater than 15 working days after the visit, a natural gas contract placed at the door of the factory.
In a time frame of no less than 45 working days, Gases del Caribe will do the installation of natural gas the service with the qualified and certified personnel.
Additional services that we offer to your company
If you wish to carry out any modification to your natural gas installation, Gases del Caribe will provide you the possibility to request the following services:
- Relocating the measurement center (meters and components):if modifications were performed to your household, you may request a change of spot for the measurement center location..
- Request for an additional outlet: if you need to connect another gas device and/or gas powered appliance you can request an additional outlet.
- Relocation of the internal natural gas piping: due to modifications in your household, you can request a change of place for the internal natural gas piping.
- Connection of gas powered devices and/or appliances: Gases del Caribe will easily install the gas devices that you request.
- Refinancing of debt: pay comfortable installments of your debt balance through the natural gas bill.
- Reactivation of the service: if your service has been suspended, you can reactivated paying the balance due and the reconnection fee. Gases del Caribe can also charge a reconnection fee in the next bill.
Procedure to request any of the previous services is the following:
- Call customer service line 164.
- Have at hand the gas bill or the address of the household.
- Request the service desired.
- Gases del Caribe will schedule a visit with qualified personnel to provide the user a cost estimate of the work required (quote). The fee for the service can be differed maximum in 48 installments for the residential users and 6 for the nonresidential users.
- The user accepts the quote, Gases del Caribe will schedule a visit so is that the qualified personnel performs the service quoted. In the case that the user does not accept the quote the work will not be performed and a copy of the quote will be provided.
- The service fee will be charged in the bill and it is deferred in the number of installments that the user chooses
Information, Requirements and Procedure for the Change of Trader:
In conformity to what is established in the resolution CREG 123 of 2013, The Company GASES DEL CARIBE S.A. PUBLIC UTILITY COMPANY (GASCARIB) informs:
- That the users of the residential public Service of natural gas have the right to freely choose their trader. It is understood as TRADER the natural gas market participant the buys natural gas and/or capacity for transport in the primary market and/or in the secondary market and sells it to other operations in said markets, or to the final users. In the case that THE TRADER sales to end-users the commercial intermediation will also be included in the distribution of natural gas. On the other hand, it is understood as DISTRIBUTOR the person that undertakes a set of activities for the distribution of combustible gas transported through a pipeline or other means, from a processing center of great volumes or from a central gas pipeline to the installation of the end consumer, including the connection and metering.
- The number of TRADERS that, currently, are providing their services in the GASCARIBE relevant market are the following:
|Relevant Market Number of Traders||Número Comercializadores|
|Sub-market 1 with: Barranquilla, Santa Lucía, Malambo, Baranoa, Campo de la Cruz, Candelaria, Galapa, Repelón, Santo Tomás, Soledad, Tubará, Luruaco, Juan de Acosta, Clemencia, Manatí, Palmar de Varela, Piojó, Polonuevo, Ponedera, Puerto Colombia, Sabanagrande, Sabanalarga, Suan, Usiacurí, Santa Marta, Retén, Sitio Nuevo, Zona Banera, Salamina, Ciénaga, Fundación, Pueblo Viejo, Aracataca, Remolino, San Estanislao, Calamar, Soplaviento, Valledupar, Manaure y La Paz, en los departamentos de Atlántico, Magdalena, Bolivar y Cesar.||2|
|Sub-market 2 with: Arroyohondo, San Cristóbal y El Piñón en los departamentos de Bolivar y Magdalena|
|Sub-market 3 with: Cerro de San Antonio, Concordia, Pedraza, Tenerife y Zapayán del departamento de Magdalena|
|Sabanas de San Angel||0|
|Pivijai, Plato, Ariguaní, Algarrobo, Bosconia y El Copey||0|
|Guamal, Pijiño del Carmen, Santa Bárbara de Pinto, San Sebastian de Buenavista y San Zenón en el departamento de Magdalena||0|
- The unit cost fee that GASCARIBE charges its users and for each one of the relevant markets is published every month in a high circulation newspaper. This information can be inquired in our website gascaribe.com, clicking the CUSTOMERS tab and then RATES.
- For information related to the contracts offered by GASCARIBE you can search our website gascaribe.com, choosing the tab USER INFORMATION and then DOCUMENTS OF INTEREST. You can also contact the Trade Division of GASCARIBE by dialing the phone number (57)(5)3306000.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE FOR THE CHANGE OF TRADER
For the user to request a change of trader must:
- Have met the minimum Service time with the TRADER, that as per the regulation in effect (resolution CREG 108 OF 1997 – article 15) is 12 months, except for the fixed term contracts.
- Be in good standing in all areas with the TRADER that provides the service, pursuant of article 27 and 28 of resolution CREG 123 OF 2013, and the standards that modify it or replace it.The good standing will pertain to the consumption billed to the user. Therefore a good standing letter of non-billed consumption to the user by the trader that provides the service is not required.
- The trader that provides the service must give an answer to the request of good standing within the five (5) following working days to the day that the request is made. In case that the trader does not provide an answer within the established timeframe the change can be carried out without this requirement.
- Having an individual telemetry system as per what is established in the current regulation.
- The user shall contact the trader that has been chosen as the new service provider and will authorize to handle the change of trader. The trader that provides the service to the user cannot demand a participation in the process of changing the trader and will directly communicate with the new service provider.